Thursday, June 9, 2011

Little Monkey Cupcakes

We had these cupcakes for my son's 1st birthday party.  They were a hit with the kids.  I wanted to make them with banana cake, but I didn't have any ripe bananas, so... next time I guess. (I'm planning the banana cake for a future post)


Frost the cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Then cut just the top fourth off of a vanilla wafer for the mouth. I found a sawing motion with a serrated knife worked better than trying to chop the wafer. Insert mini vanilla wafers for the ears.  Cut mini marshmallows in half for the eyes and use black decorating gel for the mouth and dots of the eyes.  


I got the general idea for these cupcakes off of this website, but the fun part is getting creative and making your own adaptations!  Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment